Dell Chromebook Checkout
Parent Agreement Letter
A paper copy of the below letter is provided to the student upon the first request to check out a Chromebook and must be returned prior to
checkout of the device for the first time each school year.
Parents and Students,
Round Rock ISD is pleased to provide a limited number of technology devices for students to check out for use at home on a temporary basis to support instructional activities. A student may visit the circulation desk of the campus library at any of our high schools and check out a single device for a time period determined by the school librarian and administration.
1. The device is to be used exclusively for working on school-related activities and accessing district provided resources such as electronic textbooks, productivity tools and G Suite for Education tools. The device is never to be used for accessing student personal accounts, social media accounts, non-educational websites, personal chats or photo sharing, unapproved gaming sites or any content that violates the Acceptable Use Policy.
2. Parents, it is your responsibility to supervise your children when using district-provided technology at all times. Although internet content filters and other security layers are in place when students are on district property, devices that are checked out and taken home are not subject to the same security*, and therefore more at-risk of encountering inappropriate content. Sites that are blocked at school, such as SnapChat, Twitter and
3. We encourage students to participate in this “lending” program as needed to support learning. Parents and guardians have an active role in ensuring the continued availability of the devices in helping everyone make certain they are used appropriately and in good working condition every time. Documentation on the condition of the device at check-out and again at check-in will help determine if any damages were done while in possession of the student.
4. The school reserves the right to restrict checkout, remove privileges and take appropriate necessary disciplinary action (at principal’s discretion) if a student is not upholding their responsibility or exhibits any misconduct with regards to use of the device or for any other reason the principal or designee determines.
5. Loss/Theft or Damage: If the property is lost, damaged or not returned, the student is responsible for the cost of the property on the date of loss. If the device is stolen while at home, the student should contact the police and bring a copy of the police report to the SRO within five school days of the occurrence. If stolen while at school, the student should contact the SRO as soon as possible. Any exceptions will be evaluated by the campus leadership on a case-by-case basis.
* student use of G Suite for Education resources is still supervised by ‘Gaggle’, a service that actively monitors all student email and Google documents for any dangerous or offensive language and reports it to district authorities.
Dell Chromebook $355.00
Power Adapter $25.00
6. As the parent or guardian, you have the option to opt out of allowing your student(s) to check out these devices. Simply fill out the form provided by your campuse librarian and have your student return it to the campus librarian. If at a later date you change your decision, contact the campus.